Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Sweet Dreams

I've no doubt posted this before. But as I spent the weekend catching up on movies... here it is again.

"Sweet Dreams" by Emily Browning (who plays "Baby Doll" in the movie) gets the movie Sucker Punch off to a dreamy if somewhat dazed start. In all I really enjoyed the movie. It was far too surreal at times and just disjointed, but somehow that was really the point.

Set between a brothel and mental asylum, this entire movie works between moments of madness, opulence and extreme violence - not to mention they all look pretty good doing it. Between these moments however there are some very good points made, and ultimately you're left wondering who the real star of the show is.

Full of imagery that at times is over the top, but somehow fits the plot, panned by many, but really enjoyed by me. In the end it's all about breaking free, pulling off a rescue. The point being when all is said and done who can you rely on to save what you love, rescue what needs rescuing and decide what is right and real?

Sweet dreams are made of this
Who am I to disagree?
Travel the world and the seven seas
Everybody's looking for something
Some of them want to use you
Some of them want to get used by you
Some of them want to abuse you
Some of them want to be abused

Sweet dreams are made of this
Who am I to disagree?
Travel the world and the seven seas
Everybody's looking for something
Some of them want to use you
Some of them want to get used by you
Some of them want to abuse you
Some of them want to be abused

I wanna use you and abuse you
I wanna know what's inside you

Sweet dreams are made of this
Who am I to disagree?
Travel the world and the seven seas
Everybody's looking for something
Some of them want to use you
Some of them want to get used by you
Some of them want to abuse you
Some of them want to be abused

I'm gonna use you and abuse you
I'm gonna know what's inside
Gonna use you and abuse you
I'm gonna know what's inside you


"Who honors those we love with the very life we live? Who sends monsters to kill us, and at the same time sings that we'll never die? Who teaches us what's real, and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live, and what we'll die to defend? Who chains us, and who holds the key to set us free? It's you." - Sweet Pea

No comments:

Post a Comment