Thursday, April 8, 2010

Funeral of Tears

This one sounds rather glum, but actually I find it somewhat liberating. As with so many songs it's your own personal interpretation that really gives it meaning.

"Funeral of Tears" by Regicide is another classic. I like the fact that the end can be a new beginning. After all, every beginning comes from some other beginnings end.

This is the funeral of tears
I exile the last sad years
Future's coming over me
But there's not much hope to see

So just look up – up to the sun
The end can be a new beginning
So just wake up – don't defy your life
Look out, don't be misleaded

Stop the rain...

A fog creeps through my brain
Befuddles without shame
No lights anywhere to see
So this might comes over me

So just look up – up to the sun
The end can be a new beginning
So just wake up – don't defy your life
Look out, don't be misleaded

Yes, I look up – but where's the sun
It's the beginning of the end
Well, I'm asleep – defy my life
I look inside and I'm misleaded

Without further ado this feeling surrounds you

But it's as small as pebble running down a wall
What a cliff is this I must jump onto
What a misery I am going through

So just look up – up to the sun
The end can be a new beginning
So just wake up – don't defy your life
Look out, don't be misleaded


I'm having a funeral for all of these tears. The end... is just another beginning.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I needed to hear words like this today. I'm taking a moment to look up to the sun considering I've been crying the whole day!

    Thank you my friend ...

    ReplyDelete