Thursday, April 15, 2010

Coma White

I've always enjoyed Marilyn Manson, mostly because I think he has to be the greatest satirist of at least my time. Well, that is what I get from the Mechanical Animals album.

I guess you can get just about any meaning from any song if you look for it. I just love the lines, "But all drugs in this world, won't save her from herself". I think we've moved into a society where there are far too many quick fixes. Where people honestly believe a pill can fix just about anything without having to do any of the hard work themselves.

There,s something cold and blank behind her smile
She's standing on an overpass
In her miracle mile

"You were from a perfect world
A world that threw me away today
Today today to run away"

A pill to make you numb
A pill to make you dumb
A pill to make you anybody else
But all the drugs in this world
Won't save her from herself

Her mouth was an empty cut
And she was waiting to fall
Just bleeding like a polaroid that
Lost all her dolls
(coma):
"You were from a perfect world
A world that threw me away today
Today to run away

A pill to make you numb
A pill to make you dumb
(chorus repeat)


The only one that can save you from yourself is you.

2 comments:

  1. I've never listened much to Manson, but these words are really powerful. It's that old saying that you take yourself with you and we know that shame fuels so many reasons why people try and escape themselves ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very true. It's so sad that so few people ever realise just how much "awesomeness" exists in them. I've keep claiming to own said awesomeness, but in truth it really belongs to everyone. But until they realise it, I'll keep claiming it. :)

    ReplyDelete