Monday, November 22, 2010

Fathoms Below

I'm still hung up on finally getting back to the sea this past weekend. Sand castles, swimming at dusk... avoiding a shark but the bluebottles found me. Oh well, life's too short to not do silly things.

"Fathoms Below" starts one of my favourite movies of all time, The Little Mermaid. While we know that the ocean does indeed have a bottom and there is a limit as to just how many wonderful things we may find, I wonder if there really is a King Triton (or Neptune) or at least something as interesting.

I'll tell you a tale of the bottomless blue
And it's hey to the starboard, heave ho
Look out, lad, a mermaid be waiting for you
In mysterious fathoms below
From whence wayward Westerlies blow
Where Triton is king and his merpeople sing
In mysterious fathoms below

Heave ho
Heave ho

Heave ho
Heave ho
Heave ho
In mysterious fathoms below


I wonder what really lies at the bottom of the ocean, somehow I don't think we'll ever really know.

No comments:

Post a Comment