Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Beyond the Sea

Everyone knows I just love the sea. I could spend hours... days... (heck I do) just staring out over the horizon. There's something magical about that.

Originally recorded by Bobby Darin, in 1959, "Beyond the Sea" has been covered by many artists from Robbie Williams and Michael Buble, Frank Sinatra and Harry Connick Jr. Most will remember it from the closing moments in the movie Finding Nemo.

While this one kind of tells the tail of a sailor out at sea with a girl waiting back home it also works as a tale of how many of us seem to just float on by. How often have we set sail to some degree only to wish to return to shores that we knew so well?

Somewhere beyond the sea
somewhere waiting for me
my lover stands on golden sands
and watches the ships that go sailin'

Somewhere beyond the sea
she's there watching for me
If I could fly like birds on high
then straight to her arms
I'd go sailin'

It's far beyond the stars
it's near beyond the moon
I know beyond a doubt
my heart will lead me there soon

We'll meet beyond the shore
we'll kiss just as before
Happy we'll be beyond the sea
and never again I'll go sailin'

I know beyond a doubt
my heart will lead me there soon
We'll meet (I know we'll meet) beyond the shore
We'll kiss just as before
Happy we'll be beyond the sea
and never again I'll go sailin'

no more sailin'
so long sailin'
bye bye sailin'...
move on out captain


Sometimes it's perfect to just sit and look out over the sea. Enjoy the view and know that you're done sailing.

No comments:

Post a Comment