Saturday, March 13, 2010

Wish Upon a Star

I think we all make wishes from time to time. Selfish or not, it doesn't really matter the reason. What does matter is that we continue to do so. A wish is a hope, a dream yet to be realised. If we don't make wishes, then we may as well lie down and wait to be collected.

From the movie Pinocchio here is "When You Wish Upon a Star".

When you wish upon a star
Makes no difference who you are
Anything your heart desires
Will come to you

If your heart is in your dream
No request is too extreme
When you wish upon a star
As dreamers do

Fate is kind
She brings to those who love
The sweet fulfillment of
Their secret longing

Like a bolt out of the blue
Fate steps in and sees you through
When you wish upon a star
Your dreams come true


I've wished upon stars for as long as I can now remember. Strangely they usually do come true. But then again, I've always had a deep connection to the stars. I guess they still shine on me once in a while.

So I'll keep wishing...

No comments:

Post a Comment