Thursday, April 15, 2010

I Won't Back Down

Well... here we are, time ticks by and I'll still putting pieces together.

No matter how tough things may seem, the same attitude simply has to be carried through - Don't back down! It was

Tom Petty pretty much sums up how I feel about a lot of things right about now. I'd face anyone, anything and I'm not afraid, I will be defiant - "I Won't Back Down"

Well I won't back down, no I won't back down
You can stand me up at the gates of hell
But I won't back down

Gonna stand my ground, won't be turned around
And I'll keep this world from draggin' me down
Gonna stand my ground and I won't back down

Hey baby, there ain't no easy way out
Hey I will stand my ground
And I won't back down

Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I'll stand my ground and I won't back down

Hey baby there ain't no easy way out
Hey I will stand my ground
And I won't back down
No, I won't back down


I'm going to stand my ground, and I won't back down.

2 comments:

  1. Woo hoo you! I'm singing this in my head for a long time!

    I refuse to back down ... and I'm beginning to feel the momentum build, but I'm not gonna stop singing the song ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny enough this is one of the more mellow tracks that I play on a regular basis. I suppose it's the simple calm behind it that gives it so much power.

    It's the calm that's always so much more powerful than the chaos.

    ReplyDelete