Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Boy from Apricot Spells

I was looking for the full lyrics to "Daylight" by The LED. While they don't seem to exist online (so very sad awesome band/song) I did manage to find another song from them.

Today's tune takes me back... way, way back to a time when I was much younger to a whole other world. "The Boy from Apricot Spells" I guess is one that just kind of found me today. Kinda awesome to have these occasional blasts from the past.

Ever wonder why some people seem to take up as much of you as possible and then move on. Almost like they've sucked as much value from you as possible, much like you might do to a tube of toothpaste.

I see it everywhere
what is this you've made to hang around me
like all the reasons why
you've left me standing on my my own ground
taking what you could while it lasted for so long

The sun that burned so well on me
the sky is falling down you see
and now I know I have to go
traffic it just seems to flow
through angry streets we walk together
through unhappy, merry weather
n my way past all these things you've left me on hold

Now they understand the reasons why you've left me standing
taking what you could while it lasted for so long

Now its time for me to go and I dont care and you don't know
It wasn't you imagined I believed in the tales you told
The lies you spoke the words you told
and all your other trophies won
So go inside and don't come out and maybe we can sort it out

Then I'll understand the reasons why I let you leave me
taking what you could while it lasted for as long as you could bare

Now I'm asking you to go you're angry only heaven knows
tomorrow is another day maybe there'll be more to say
through all that we have done together try to say it was forever
So go inside and don't come out and maybe we can sort it out

Then I'll understand the reasons why I let you leave me
taking what you could while it lasted for as long as you could bare
Now I know all the reasons why I let you leave me
taking what you could while it lasted for as long as you could bare


Don't know if we ever really understand a lot of things, but tomorrow is another day doubt there'll be much to say.

1 comment:

  1. My theme tune too! Today this song is in my head. I woke up sad and angry and had to hear it. Yes, it takes one back many years, and yet the lyrics have never been quite as applicable as right now for me. I googled the lyrics and got to your site - thanks for this post!
    Now i kno-o-o-o-o-w...

    ReplyDelete