Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Wishlist

After reading Jodene's wishlist yesterday I was immediately reminded of the Pearl Jam song "Wishlist".

So many wishes, but I think that there are quite a few on this list I really wish I could. But if even Pinocchio learnt that if you wish, sometimes it does come true. Of course he was wishing on a star... where your dreams do come true.

I wish I was a neutron bomb, for once I could go off.
I wish I was a sacrifice but somehow still lived on.
I wish I was a sentimental ornament you hung on
The christmas tree, I wish I was the star that went on top,
I wish I was the evidence
I wish I was the sun for fifty million hands upraised, and opened toward the sky.

I wish I was a sailor with someone who waited for me.
I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
I wish I was a messenger, and all the news was good.
I wish I was the full moon shining off a camaro's hood.

I wish I was an alien, at home behind the sun,
I wish I was the souvenir you kept your house key on.
I wish I was the pedal break that you depended on.
I wish I was the verb "to trust", and never let you down.

I wish I was a radio song, the one that you could turned up,
I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish,
I guess it never stops.


Imagine always having good news? But mostly I guess I'm just thankful to be as fortunate as me.

No comments:

Post a Comment