Monday, October 17, 2011

Clarity

Sometimes we have to look into the darkest recesses of ourselves to truly find the clarity that we desire. Do we really know who we truly are?

"Clarity" by Jessie Clegg references the rabbit hole that is really the start to Alice's journey into madness. But, I wonder if that journey into madness really wasn't a deeper look inside, a look at all facets that lie inside from urgency to laziness to violence to innocence to the mischievousness that only a cat can bring. I suppose clarity comes in many forms of all of us.

Beyond these walls
Further than eyes see
There’s a place they call
Clarity

There’s no road
There’s no guiding light
Only murmurs
Of your heart

Hey, let’s go down the rabbit hole
Hey, take me to the waterfall
Hey, go down, go down

Between the cracks
Under the surface
You will find me there
Clarity

Searching the chaos
Searching the silence
You can lose yourself
Seeking me

Hey, let’s go down the rabbit hole
Hey, take me to the waterfall
Hey, go down, go down


I don't know about anyone else, but for me the clearest of moments come during absolute chaos. It is truly in those silent moments of insanity that clarity can truly be found.

No comments:

Post a Comment